Confident Smiles for Teens
Invisalign is an excellent option for older teens and adults. This clear alignment system is created by using a series of clear, plastic, flexible aligners that are custom fit to each patient’s unique dental alignment. Over time, the teeth are gently moved into the desired placement (successful results occur within 12 months of proper wear and treatment). Our in-office orthodontist at Kids Connection can help you decide if Invisalign is right for you or your teen.
An alternative to traditional braces, the clear aligners do not contain metal brackets or wires, thus making them more comfortable and giving patients more control over their treatment. There are many benefits of Invisalign, here are a few:
- Flexibility. When you choose Invisalign, your diet does not need to be adjusted to accommodate treatment; this is because Invisalign aligners can be removed before you eat and brush your teeth.
- Simple. Invisalign does not require additional care, maintenance, or specific tools. Just perform good oral hygiene habits daily (brush twice daily for two minutes, floss, and utilize a fluoride mouthwash) and you will stay on track with your dental health and orthodontic treatment.
- Control. Unlike metal braces, patients can remove their aligners during meals, for speaking engagements, or for special occasions. It is recommended that patients wear the aligners for at least 22 hours every day during the course of their treatment for a successful outcome.
- Confidence. Many teens and adults can feel embarrassed or self-conscious about correcting dental issues. With Invisalign, patients can correct misalignment discreetly and keep their confidence.
What Issues Can Invisalign Correct?
Invisalign and braces treat many of the same problems with the end goal of straightening and aligning the smile. Here are some common problems that Invisalign can fix:
- Mild-Moderate Overbite: Upper front teeth close in on lower teeth
- Mild-Moderate Underbite: Lower teeth go past upper teeth
- Mild-ModerateCross-Bite: Upper and lower jaws don’t align the same
- Gap Teeth: Too much space in between teeth
- Open Bite: Upper and lower teeth don’t completely close together
- Crowded Teeth: Too little space in the jaw for teeth to fit in comfortably
While metal braces have higher success rates for severe misalignment or bite conditions, Invisalign is still a very successful alternative to braces for many orthodontic issues.
Invisalign Consult in Phoenix, AZ
As we grow, our smiles change a lot! When you were a child, you may not have needed braces or you may have not been a candidate based on the standards 10, 15, or even 20+ years ago. Don’t settle for a smile that doesn’t bring you joy and confidence! Our in-office orthodontist would love to chat with you about Invisalign and whether or not it is a good option for you or your child. Schedule an appointment with us for a free consultation today at one of our three convenient office locations around Phoenix.